Blog 8: English Language Challenges

Hello everyone! This time I'm going to talk about my experience learning English at the university. I felt these classes so different, because for many years I had the same English teacher, and I got used to her way of teaching and changing teachers at first it felt strange but then I adapted to this new way of teaching. The use of blogs was something very new for me, because when I was in high school, I wrote shorter things, but this was very useful, and fun because each one had different topics.

I think I need to improve my vocabulary and pronunciation, because now with the blogs I noticed that I used the same word repeatedly and with the last video I had problems to pronounce it clearly, and I had to record it many times. I'm trying to improve it by listening to series in English instead of dubbed into Spanish and trying to practice conversations in English or learn the lyrics of the songs I like (since almost all my favorite musical artists sing in English).

These days I use English to watch series, see interviews of singers and listen to songs, because I try to understand everything by myself on the first listen and if I don't understand something I look up the meaning or the subtitles and try to learn more English. And something I'm proud of is that lately I understand what I listen to a lot more than I did last year, so in some situations I look up the subtitles just to confirm what I think it means instead of looking up something I don't understand.


So that's it, thanks for reading me, hope you have a nice day <3!

Comentarios

  1. Hi Natalia! In the beginning, English classes at the university were a little strange for me too.
    I had the same English teacher for four years and I was accustomed to her teaching method.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi! It's good that you have English included in your life, I hope you can continue learning with the music that you like!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Natalia! I also feel that I need to improve my pronunciation !

    ResponderEliminar
  4. hi Natalia! i had to record the last video activity like 94374637 times! i have a lot of bloopers nsajjhdsjhsjjas

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi Natalia, I have the same problem of repeating words in the blogs xd, it is necessary to learn more vocabulary, I hope you can continue to improve your English :)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. You can watch interviews of Little Mix !

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Blog 4: Post-Graduate Studies

Blog 5: My future job